* Microchip / Atmel ARM Cortex M0+ 32-pin microcontroller
Choice of SAMD, SAML, or SAMC chips
D21E (general purpose SAM M0+ MCU, USB, I2S, also used in the Arduino Zero)
L21E (low power features, enhanced analog, USB, crypto/TRNG, custom logic)
C21E (5V support, MPU, 2x CAN instead of USB, Sigma-Delta and 2x SAR ADCs)
CPU operates at up to 48MHz
All chips available with up to 256KB FLASH and 32KB of SRAM
All chips feature 6 timers, RTC, 4 SERCOM, DMA, PTC, AC
* Optional SPI Serial Memory Device
128KB SRAM with battery backup (Vbat pin)
512KB FLASH with protection features and OTP page
64KB EEPROM with OTP page
* Onboard 3.3V, 250mA LDO regulator
Supports up to 16V DC input on Vin pin
Extremely low quiescent current (2.0uA typical)
Over-current and over-temperature protection
* Powered by USB Vbus or external power source on Vin (up to 16V)
Simple diode power source switching,reverse-polarity protection
With the C21E installed, USB Vbus can be connected to Vcc for 5V operation
* Arduino 1.6.x compatible core (1.6.x, 1.8.x IDE)
* SAM-BA USB CDC bootloader (D21 and L21 only, C21 has serial bootloader)
Arduino compatible (use the Arduino IDE to upload)
Bossa command line utility (Windows, Linux, limited OS X)
* PTC resettable fuse (250mA hold / 500mA trip)
* Cortex Debug Header (10-pin, 50-mil) for device programming and debugging
* 16MHz crystal (use PLL for up to 48MHz cpu clock)
* 32.768KHz crystal (use PLL or FLL for up to 48MHz cpu clock)
* Blue Status LED (can be disconnected)
* Jumper A for general use (pin A27)
* Button B configurable for reset or general use (pin A31) with debouncing
* Two 4.7Kohm resistors can be connected to pins A16 and A17 for use with I2C
* Mini USB connector with ESD protection on USB Vbus, D+, and D- lines
* USB pins (or CAN on the C21) routed to header pins (for panel-mount connector)
* Ferrite bead and 2 capacitors on analog supply
* Two capacitors each can be enabled for pins A3 and/or A4 for use with external references
* 24 solder jumpers on PCB bottom for configuration flexibility
* All PORT pins can be routed to headers
* 2 main headers are on 0.1” spacing (breadboard/perfboard mounting), 0.7” apart
* Two 3mm mounting holes (~5mm pad)
* High-quality PCB with gold-plated finish
* Measures approx. 2.1” x 0.9” (52mm x 23mm) and 0.062” (1.6mm) thick
Schematic for Rev B
CNC Drill File for Rev B
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
$22.99 As low as: $20.99
$19.99 As low as: $16.99
Arduino support (1.6.x, 1.8.x IDE) is now available.
Drivers for Arduino and SAM-BA Bootloader
Signed drivers for the SAM-BA CDC bootloader and for Arduino (CDC, HID, MIDI, MSD).
See https://www.mattairtech.com/support/ for installation instructions.
These are the SAM-BA bootloaders that comes pre-installed.
SAM-BA Bootloader Utility
These are the SAM-BA bootloader utilities for transferring firmware.bossac-1.7.0-mattairtech-1-mingw32-64.zip (Windows 32 bit and 64 bit)
Bossa-1.7.0-mattairtech-1-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz (Linux 64 bit, includes Bossa GUI and Bossa shell)
bossac-1.7.0-mattairtech-1-i686-linux-gnu.tar.gz (Linux 32 bit)
bossac-1.7.0-mattairtech-1-x86_64-apple-darwin.tar.gz (OS X 10.5+, 64 bit)
Test Firmware (Arduino blink sketch)
The Rev B blink sketch will be posted here soon.
The link is for the Rev A Arduino blink sketch with USB (CDC + HID). This comes optionally pre-installed.
See https://www.mattairtech.com/support/ for details.
MSD Bootloader Source and Binaries (Rev A only)
Blink Demo (MSD Bootloader or No Bootloader options) (Rev A only)
MT-D21E_Blink.zip contains the blink demo hex file that comes pre-installed (Rev A only).
It simply blinks the LED at 1Hz using an internal clock source.
This development board/kit is intended for use for FURTHER ENGINEERING, DEVELOPMENT, DEMONSTRATION, OR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY. It is not a finished product, and may not (yet) comply with some or any technical or legal requirements that are applicable to finished products, including, without limitation, directives regarding electromagnetic compatibility, recycling (WEEE), FCC, CE, or UL (except as may be otherwise noted on the board/kit). MattairTech LLC supplied this board/kit AS IS, without any warranties, with all faults, at the buyer's and further users' sole risk. The user assumes all responsibility and liability for proper and safe handling of the goods. Further, the user indemnifies Atmel from all claims arising from the handling or use of the goods. Due to the open construction of the product, it is the user's responsibility to take any and all appropriate precautions with regard to electrostatic discharge and any other technical or legal concerns.
The authors disclaim all warranties with regard to this software, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall any author be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this software.